About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking a Yoga Trainer and Assessor to join our team in Brisbane.
Due to the growing demands for our courses, we are seeking contract teachers. For the right applicant, this role could become a full-time position incorporating Course Coordination. The role requires you to:
- Deliver Certificate IV and Diploma in Yoga Teaching in a classroom and studio.
- Provide support and feedback to ensure the successful completion of programs
- Monitor, mark, and conduct student assessments
- Plan, review and improve training and assessment
- Participate in assessment validation, moderation, and continuous improvement
Is this you? Our Trainers and Assessors must have the following key selection criteria:
- A strong passion for Yoga and an interest in teaching others about this Industry.
- Experience in Teaching or Lecturing is essential.
- 200+ hours of yoga teaching, and teacher training qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry/professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent.
- Must have HLTAID003 Apply First Aid. HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid is desirable.
- Must have a strong understanding of learning theory, particularly with course delivery for adults and higher education.
- Sensitivity to students of different cultural backgrounds, our students choose to study with us from over 70 different countries!
- Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of attention to quality and detail.
- Commitment, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work as part of a growing team.
- Extensive recent and relevant experience is required in the areas of Anatomy, Physiology, and Yoga Philosophy. Experience in pre-natal, post-natal, special needs, and children’s yoga is desired but not required.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application