About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking Community Service Trainers and WP Assessors, Mental Health trainers and WP Assessors and Counselling Trainers and assessors to join our team in Melbourne.
Due to the growing demands for our courses, we are seeking sessional trainers. The role requires you to:
- Deliver Diploma of Community Service, Diploma of Mental Health, and Diploma of Counselling in a classroom or face-to-face setting
- Provide support and feedback to ensure the successful completion of programs
- Monitor, mark, and conduct student assessments
- Plan, review and improve training and assessment
- Participate in assessment validation, moderation, and continuous improvement
- Conduct 4 hrs per student workplace visits.
Is this you? Our Trainers and Assessors must have the following key selection criteria:
- Strong experience in Counselling Industry and working with Recovery Oriented Approach, Mental Health and Community Service/Case Management
- Keen interest in teaching others about the industry
- Experience in training teaching or lecturing is desirable
- Confidence and motivation to deliver first-class face-to-face and online education
- Sensitivity and ability to adapt teaching styles to students of different cultural backgrounds
- Commitment, flexibility, initiative and the ability to work as part of a growing team
- Continuing professional development requirements of the professional body to which they belong
- A relevant vocational qualification in Counselling, Community Service or Mental health at the Degree or Diploma level
- Minimum of 3 years industrial/professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Current Police Check
- Language Literacy and Numeracy level which is appropriate to teach others
What makes working with us exciting?
- Training and development opportunities
- Job rotation and career progression
- Supportive team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and people of all ages.
Be part of our team:
- Please send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications