About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
About the role
We are currently seeking Community Service Trainers and Assessors to join our team in Melbourne.
We have roles that require inspirational teachers to deliver training in Community Service. The qualifications we deliver are:
- Certificate IV in Community Service
- Diploma of Community Services
Trainers and assessors are required to:
- Inspire and deliver the assigned programs using their extensive knowledge, past experience, and examples guided by comprehensive learning materials
- Provide support and feedback to ensure successful completion of programs
- Monitor, mark, and conduct student assessments
- Plan, review, and improve training and assessment
- Participate in assessment validation, moderation, and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience in case management and/or community service Industry
- Keen interest in teaching others about the industry
- Experience in training, teaching, or lecturing is desirable.
- Confidence and motivation to deliver first-class face-to-face education.
- Sensitivity and the ability to adapt teaching styles to students of different cultural backgrounds
- Commitment, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work as part of a growing team.
- Continuing professional development requirements of the professional body to which they belong
- A relevant vocational qualification at the degree or diploma level
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial or professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or higher or equivalent
- Current Police Check
- Language literacy and numeracy level that is appropriate to teach others.
What makes working with us exciting:
- A supportive team
- Career progression
- A positive and fun work environment
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application