About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
About the role
We are currently seeking an Aged Care Trainer and Assessor to join our team in Brisbane.
Due to the growing demands for our courses, we are seeking sessional trainers and workplace assessors. The role requires you to:
- Deliver Certificate IV in Ageing Support and Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Conduct 4 hrs per student workplace visits.
Trainers and assessors are required to:
- Inspire and deliver the assigned programs using their extensive knowledge, past experience, and examples guided by comprehensive learning materials
- Provide support and feedback to ensure successful completion of programs.
- Monitor, mark, and conduct student assessments
- Plan, review, and improve training and assessment.
- Participate in assessment validation, moderation, and continuous improvement
- Conduct workplace visits whilst the students are on placement
Qualifications and Experience:
- A strong passion for the aged care sector
- Keen interest in teaching others about Aged Care industry
- Experience in training or Lecturing is desirable but not essential
- Confidence and motivation to deliver first-class face to face and online education
- Sensitivity and ability to adapt teaching styles to students of different cultural backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities
- A high level of attention to quality and detail
- Commitment, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work as part of a growing team
- Continuing professional development requirements of the professional body to which they belong
- A relevant vocational qualification in Aged Care at the Diploma or degree level.
- Preferably a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 3 years industrial/professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 or higher or equivalent. Older versions that were not upgraded are not acceptable.â¯
- Current Police Check
- Language Literacy and Numeracy level which is appropriate to teach others
- Medical certificate or document of a flu vaccination (if a host organisation requirement)
Please note your location and indicate where you are able and willing to travel in your application
What makes working with us exciting:
- A supportive team
- Career progression
- A positive and fun work environment
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application