Australian Learning Group (ALG) is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion.
We are currently seeking a National Course Manager to join our team.
About the role
The National Course manager is responsible for the delivery of our suite of Vocational Courses in Community Services, Mental Health and Counselling. Leading a dedicated team of trainers located across our national campus network, the role ensures all courses meet RTO standards and our student satisfaction targets.
This is a non-teaching role focused on working with the National Course Management team and reporting to the Director of Studies to ensure the courses deliver employment outcomes for students
You are passionate about your area of work, with demonstrated understanding of vocational education principles and reporting requirements. You have a sound knowledge of other training packages and units of competency, with a proven ability to manage projects and work within strict timelines.
You have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and work well in a team as well as autonomously. You have the ability to think strategically as well as is able to deliver operational responsibilities in a changing environment.
- Managing and implementing the Training and Assessment Strategy (TAS)
- Leading, managing and developing the trainer workforce
- Maintaining ALG’s compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2019 and National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
- Develop, regularly review and update and improve the TAS, including as required for changes to training packages and units of competence (UoC’s)
- Ensure mapping of training and assessments is maintained
- Ensure all training and assessment being delivered is aligned to the TAS
- Dealing with students’ academic enquiries as an escalation point for student cases
- Assist to resolve student complaints and appeals as required
- Implement the academic policies and procedures in the course area
- Working with the Academic Manager, lead the course review process as a part of TAS updates
- Develop relevant content to support the delivery of the course
- As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), manage and implement outcomes from the validation and moderation process
- Work collaboratively with the Work Placement Team to ensure all students receive the required industry training and assessment
- Maintain your own industry and training and assessment currency
- Lead any course transition projects
Trainers and Assessors
- Foster a high-performance culture in the training and assessment team
- Assist in recruitment and onboarding of trainers and assessors as required
- Completing and maintaining Industry currency with evidence in line with an Annual Professional Development Plan for the training team
- Conduct trainer observations and provide feedback to deliver improvements
- Compliance of all trainers is maintained at all times
- Use the continuous improvement cycle of ALG’s education delivery through the review of trainer and student feedback
- Implement the ALG industry engagement plan
- Engage with industry stakeholders relating to the course discipline area
- Hold and recommend memberships of relevant professional associations
- Obtain key industry endorsements for all qualifications within the course area
Continuous Improvement and Quality
- Participate in and implement the continuous improvement plan including an annual schedule of review for the course specialisation
- Participate in external and internal audits
Leadership & Management
- Consulting with all stakeholders across ALG to ensure understanding and support of the delivery of the course specialisations
- Working with the Academic Manager, ensuring education budgets (teaching costs, content delivery, course review and development) are met
- Contribute to the suite of reporting to measure and track the success of the delivery of the course
- Ensuring a safe work environment, being a First Aider and WHS Officer where required (or delegating it to relevant team members)
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least five (5) years current experience working in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- At least one (3) years' experience working in a vocational education management leading a training and assessment team
- At least five (5) years current industry experience in the industry sector as a management role
- 3+ years of experience as a Trainer and Assessor
- Detailed understanding of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2019
- Experience delivering education to international students under the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (preferred)
- Hold the most current Diploma qualification in the course discipline area or Bachelor equivalent
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40116 or higher or equivalent
- Hold detailed knowledge of requirements of the training specifications of the courses on scope for the course discipline area
- Hold detailed knowledge of all tasks and skills required of all trainers and assessors within course discipline area
- The proven ability to deliver training to groups
- Ability to maximise results with resources available
- Proven ability to manage projects and to establish and work within strict timelines
- Advanced skills in training resource development
Why join our team
- A fun and diverse team
- Employee benefits
- Supportive and collaborative work culture
- Learning and development opportunities
Know more about ALG at ALG - Who we are!
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Both ALG and Ikon are a part of the ASX-listed UCW LimitedGroup, which owns and operates a portfolio of tertiary education businesses, with a current focus on Health and Community Services related fields of study in both the international and domestic student market.
Be part of our team:
- Please send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience
- If you have any questions regarding the role, please write to Bonnie.Ballete@alg.edu.au
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications