About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking a Learning Resource Developer to join our academic team.
About the role
The Learning Resource Developer executes the development and continuous improvement of the full suite of learning resources for ALG’s new and current courses. This person will be part of a team that ensures ALG's learning resources are compliant and provide students with an engaging learning experience.
You are passionate about content development and are able to collaborate and work in a diverse environment.
You have good interpersonal skills and excellent communication. You have high attention to details, can think strategically as well as is able to deliver operational responsibilities in a changing environment.
- Execute ALG’s new and existing product plan
- Develop and maintain learning resources according to ALGs’ development standards
- Communicate with and manage course contributors, including academic staff, subject matter experts and/or third-party content developers and other stakeholders, to ensure the timely development, quality, consistency, and rigor of course design and content
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and the Director of Studies and Quality Assurance on how to implement the training and assessment strategy (TAS) as the framework for the requirements of each course and its associated learning resources
- Own the development of all training and assessment resources including lesson/session plans, PowerPoint slides, learner and trainer guides, structure study plans, formative and summative assessments, marking guides and all associated mapping
- Maximise the use of third-party resources where possible through contextualising for ALG’s student cohort
- Work with ALG’s Validation & Moderation Manager to implement rectifications and participate in the validation process as required
- Source feedback from a range of stakeholders (students, trainers, industry) to improve the quality of each new and existing course. Where relevant participate in industry consultation with the relevant ALG subject matter expert and or the Learning Development Manager
Continuous Improvement and Quality
- Utilise ALG’s continuous improvement processes and procedure to record and implement improvements to learning resources
- Maintain a library of learning resources with version control to ensure latest versions are always available for publishing
- Participate in external and internal audits as required
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the VET (Vocational Education and Training) Quality Framework and the ESOS Framework
- Support internal audits and create and monitor rectification plans as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40116 or higher or equivalent
- Experience developing learning content for delivery in vocational education
- Understanding of the Standards for Registered Training Organisation’s (RTOs) 2015 and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft 365 office suite
- Experience in project management
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate and work in a diverse environment
What makes working with us exciting:
- Paid birthday leave
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- Job rotation and career progression
- A positive culture and fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application