About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking a Learning Development Manager to join our Sydney team.
About the role
The Learning Development Manager leads a team of specialists in the development, and continuous improvement of learning resources for ALG's new and current courses.
This role is responsible for ensuring that ALG’s learning resources are compliant and provide students with an interesting learning experience.
This role will ensure that the Learning Development team delivers on ALG’s new and current course development plans on time and within budget.
You are passionate about content development and have solid project management experience. You have proven leadership experience and are able to collaborate in a diverse environment engaging with various internal and external stakeholders.
You also have great interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver training and support to team members with a positive attitude.
- Lead and execute ALG’s new and existing product plan to support our growth ambitions by developing and reporting against a project plan
- Set, maintain, and deliver ALG’s standard for excellence in learning development
- Lead and participate in the learning resource development process that involves communicating with and managing course contributors, including academic staff, subject matter experts and/or third-party content developers and other stakeholders, to ensure the timely development, quality, consistency, and rigor of course design and content
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and the Director of Studies regarding the implementation of the training and assessment strategy as the framework for the requirements of each course and its associated learning resources
- Own the development of all training resources including lesson/session plans, PowerPoint slides, learner and trainer guides, structured study activities, formative and summative assessments, marking guides and all associated mapping
- Maximise the use of 3rd party resources where possible through licensing and contextualising for ALG’s student cohort
- Lead the team to deliver new and existing learning resources on time and on budget
- Embed the compliance requirements of the Standards for RTO’s (2015) and the National Code of Practice (2018) into the product development process
- Work with ALG’s Validation & Moderation Manager to ensure implement rectifications and updates and participate in the validation process as required
- Source feedback from a range of stakeholders (students, trainers, industry) to improve the quality of each new and existing course. Facilitate and or participate in industry consultation with the relevant ALG subject matter expert
- Working with the Director of Studies to identify and assess suitable third-party developers and resource providers, ensuring product development budgets are adhered to
- Contribute to and monitor the suite of reporting to measure and track the success of the learning content and use as a source of continuous improvement
- Utilise ALG’s continuous improvement processes and procedures to record and implement improvements to learning resources
- Participate in external and internal audits
- Ensure a library of learning resources is maintained with version control to ensure latest versions are always available for publishing
Leadership & management
- Foster a high-performance culture in the Learning Development team by providing clear goals and regular feedback
- Actively engage in developing a positive and supportive culture within the team and across the Group;
- Provide mentoring and coaching support for team members to assist in their development;
- Provide clear direction to and manage the work performance of team members;
- Compliance to all People and Culture processes ensuring engagement and retention of team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the VET (Vocational Education and Training) Quality Framework and the ESOS Framework
- Support internal audits and create and monitor rectification plans as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40116 or higher or equivalent
- Experience developing learning content for delivery in vocational education
- At least two years' experience leading a team
- Experience with project management and understanding of project management methodologies, including budgeting
- Experience working in a Registered Training Organisation
- Experience in using management systems and databases
- Detailed understanding of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft 365 office suite
- Ability to lead diverse teams in multiple locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work in a diverse environment
What makes working with us exciting:
- Paid birthday leave
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- Job rotation and career progression
- A positive culture and fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application