Education Support Officer:
About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking an Education Support Officer to join our team.
About the role
The Education Support Officer will report to the Head of Education Support and performs a broad range of administration duties for our students.
The role will ensure that we have learning materials that are engaging, consistent across different courses, free from spelling and grammatical errors, and where relevant, published to our Learning Management System (Canvas) for an optimum user experience.
You are passionate about delivering a great user experience and comfortable working in a changing environment. You possess high attention to detail, with superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills. You have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and an ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as autonomously when required.
You have strong computer skills including solid knowledge of Office365 and the ability to adapt to new software quickly.
- Termly set up of LMS CANVAS for course delivery
- Import academic resources, including eBooks, linking and syncing content
- Maintain courses and content throughout the academic year
- Troubleshooting of LMS issues and escalating with Instructure
- CSV import of data into CANVAS
- Administration of system integration RTO Manager with CANVAS
- Allocating of ZOOM Links
- Timetabling planning
- Creating batches and enrolling students
- Generate reports for attendance and course progress intervention
- Manage student records and communication via electronic system. (i.e.: student mailout communication, entering of class attendance, updating of student results, generation of student certificates, etc)
- General office administration duties as required i.e. post, printing, scanning, archiving
- General campus and classroom administration duties as required
- Maintaining of, setup, and supervision of student clinic as required
- Organise and attend orientation events, registration days, and graduation ceremonies when necessary
- Able to work as a part of a team and at the same time the ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong communication skills with a genuine interest in helping prospective students understand and achieve their goals
- Ability to maximize results with resources available
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (or similar programs)
Please note further duties and tasks may be added to this job description at any time to meet the changing needs of the company.
Qualifications and experience:
- 1+ year experience working with LMS CANVAS
- 1+ year experience working with SMS RTO M
- 1+ year general administration experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills for the role
- Demonstrated ability to plan effectively and manage to change priorities in a deadline-driven environment
What makes working with us exciting:
- Paid birthday leave
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- Job rotation and career progression
- A positive culture and fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application