About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking a Diploma of Leadership & Management Trainer & Assessors to join our team in Sydney.
Are you our next inspiring Trainer and Assessor?
The Australian Learning Group (ALG) Trainer and Assessor are responsible for the delivery and assessment of the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification. Training is predominately classroom-based to an international only (CRICOS) student cohort. Course and subject delivery includes the use of various VET methodologies, including formative and summative assessment and activities in a simulated business environment. Classroom learning is supported by a range of resources made available in the learning management system. ALG will deliver this course in a 4 X 10-week Term
Trainers and assessors are required to:
- 10 weeks in-class delivery of the termly course content
- Provide assessment support and feedback to students to ensure successful completion of their course
- Assess students’ work to the required benchmark within given timeframes
- Plan, review, and improve training and assessment
- Participate in assessment validation, moderation, and continuous improvement as required
- Be prepared for class at all times
- Be available for termly team meetings
- Complete administrative duties related to the role within given timeframes
- Trainers & Assessors must meet the compliance requirements as per the ASQA Standards at all times
- Knowledge of the National Code 2018/ the ESOS framework
Please note further duties and tasks may be added to this job description at any time to meet the changing needs of the company.
Work Health and Safety responsibilities:
ALG is committed to promoting and ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of everyone who works learns, or visits the campus.
As an employee, you must:
- Ensure that you take all reasonable steps to ensure their health, safety, and wellbeing and that of others who may be impacted by your actions or omissions
- Observe all safety rules, policies, and procedures in relation to work health, safety, and wellbeing management
- Report any incidents or hazards identified to the HSR in your location, a Campus Manager, or the Human Resources Manager
Is this you? Our Assessors must have the following key selection criteria:
- Experience delivering high-quality face to face and online education
- A relevant vocational qualification at the Diploma level or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial/professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116), or equivalent.
- Current Police Check
- Any combination of education and industry experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills for the role.
- Ability to adapt teaching styles to students with different cultural backgrounds
- Continuing professional development requirements (of the professional body to which they belong)
- Language Literacy and Numeracy level which is appropriate to teach others
- Experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS), such as CANVAS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and people of all ages.
Be part of our team:
- Please send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications