About Australian Learning Group (ALG)
ALG is a registered training organisation that has been offering high-quality vocational education and training in the fields of Health and Community Services for over 15 years.
We believe in nurturing and empowering people on their path to more meaningful careers, providing the right opportunity for our students to learn, transform and evolve while pursuing their passion. You can learn more about our values and beliefs at https://alg.edu.au/
We are currently seeking a Work Placement Advisor to join our team in Sydney.
About the role
The ALG Work Placement Advisor is a national role, responsible for identifying and managing work placement experiences for Early Childhood Education, Ageing and Community Services. Reporting to the Senior ALG Work Placement Advisor, this is an independent role focusing on identifying and securing work placement opportunities for our students.
You demonstrated an understanding of educational processes in the vocational education sector, as well as good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills, people management skills, and the ability to work under pressure, use one's initiative, and remain calm in stressful situations.
You also have advanced skills in technology, project planning, and execution, as well as the ability and willingness to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff across educational and broader functions in a scholarly and cooperative environment.
- Utilise placement-related documentation and databases to support hosts and students
- Securing and maintaining relationships with host companies (both local and national), including entering into work placement agreements
- Working with the Student Operations team to maintain a forecast of upcoming work placement requirements (WP Forecast)
- Act as the main point of contact for partner organisations and students with regard to operational issues.
- Providing students with relevant information concerning their work placement
- Allocating visits to Workplace Assessors and ensuring required documentation is returned
- Management of Work Placement Consultants and Workplace Assessors
- Meet the customer service standards for your team
- Be a role model by demonstrating exemplary customer service
- Collaborate with other teams to achieve goals through shared resourcing and continuous improvement
Work Health and Safety responsibilities:
ALG is committed to promoting and ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing for everyone who works, learns or visits the campus.
As am employee, you must:
- Ensure that you take all reasonable steps to ensure their health, safety and wellbeing and that of others who may be impacted by your actions or omissions
- Observe all safety rules, policies and procedures in relation to work health, safety and wellbeing management
- Report any incidents or hazard identified to the HSR in your location, a Campus Manager or to the Human Resources Manager
Please note further duties and tasks may be added to this job description at any time to meet the changing needs of the company.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) at the level of operational leadership and management
- Understanding of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2019
- Experience of the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of working in a work placement team, ideally in the vocational education sector
What makes working with us exciting:
- Paid birthday leave
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- Job rotation and career progression
- A positive culture and fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application